Here's the steps you need to take to play Grim Fandango on your computer:
1. Own Grim Fandango -- Unfortunately the hardest step as the game is no longer available to buy new. Your best bets are eBay (US/UK) or Amazon (US/UK).
2. Copy Grim Fandango to your Hard Drive -- the following files from your Grim Fandango CDs to a new folder on your computer (e.g. c:\grim ). The files should be found in a folder called "data" on your Grim Fandango CDs.
Note: Some files are found on both CDs, just click "OK" to overwrite them if prompted.
CREDITS.LABYou may also have additional .LAB files if your version is non-English.
3. Add the official patch - Download the free official LucasArts patch from here:
Place the Gfupd101.exe file you downloaded into the folder you previously created above (amongst all the .LAB files):
4. Download and install ResidualVM - This amazing bit of software will be running the game for you and can be downloaded here:
Just download the correct copy for your system and run the file to start the installation.
5. Let ResidualVM know where Grim Fandango is installed -- Within Residual click "Add Game..." and then navigate to the folder on your Hard Drive where you copied the game files (e.g. C:\Grim) and click "Choose".
6. Enjoy Grim Fandango -- If all goes well you just need to select Grim Fandango and click Start!